Our Transitioning and Family Support Pathway is aimed at giving young people and young adults with SEND, as well as their families, support when entering a period of transition. Bespoke one-to-one support is offered to families going through educational or environmental changes with the view of supporting in a holistic way.
The course will initially provide a Session Lead who will meet with you to discuss what changes are about to occur, current challenges and the key areas you would like to manage.
By having a flexible and supportive approach, we can provide one-to-one care for a variety of changes:
- Moving schools/house
- Changing services from child to adult
- Expected new siblings
- Marital separation
- Dealing with grief
- Plus, many more…
This pathway is open to disabled people who are:
- Aged between 6 and 25 years
- About to face a upcoming change
- Looking for bespoke, individualised support
Our friendly Session Lead will work with you to design a tailored programme to manage your individual circumstances. They will work with you on a one-to-one basis to support and improve physical and emotional wellbeing when dealing with change.
The programme will work on an out-reach basis, operating mainly in Horsham and Crawley. Our support team will meet you in locations most suitable for you.
This individualised approach will allow pressures, worries or concerns to be addressed early in the hope to reduce families reaching crisis points. Staff will identify specialist support and make referrals accordingly to ensure a holistic approach is provided.
Signing up for our Transitioning and Family Support Pathway is just a 3-step process:
- Check if this service is right for you by contacting one of our team leads via phone (01403 218888) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Complete an application form
- Meet with our Transition Support Worker, in person for up to an hour, to create your support plan