Our Lifelong Learning Pathway will give young people with SEND the opportunity to build their abilities, independence and confidence with life skills. The programme will run in rotational blocks, teaching key skills necessary to complete everyday tasks. The aim of the sessions is to allow you to develop your knowledge to live independently.
The sessions will run in small groups and will break down the steps for completing tasks, whilst offering support for challenging areas. The session blocks are to ensure that enough time is provided for you to achieve the end goal.
The programme is designed to offer a safe and secure setting to build upon skills such as:
- Money handling
- Maintaining the bedroom
- Plus, many more!
This pathway is open to disabled people who are:
- Aged between 14 and 30 years
- Looking to gain independence
- Looking to increase their confidence and knowledge
Programme Information – 8 weeks of support
The programme will run in eight-week blocks with one 3-hour session per week.
Each 8-week block will focus on a different area of independent life skills, as outlined above. Our friendly Session Lead will listen to each member of the group’s aspirations and help to design a support plan accordingly. By running each area in blocks, we can ensure repetition and cement learning before the programme finishes. Each block will rotate between age groups as well as changing the skills being developed.
This programme will build your skills in areas such as:
- Gaining confidence to uptake tasks
- Build confidence to explore independent living
- Developing general skills, understanding and independence in the home
- Expanding aspirations and life satisfaction
- Increase wellbeing and mental health
You may be asked to practise skills at home, such as:
- Making the bed
- Keeping your room tidy
- Keeping a reflective diary to remember progress
Signing up for our Lifelong Learning Pathway is just a 3-step process:
- Check if this service is right for you by contacting one of our coaches via phone (01403 218888) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Complete an application form
- Meet with one of our coaches, in person for up to an hour, to create your work experience plan