The programme will run morning and afternoon sessions, 3 Saturdays a month
Our Worthing 6 -12 years old group provides support for children with SEND to build friendships and access the community in safe and relaxed environments. The sessions will vary from in-house activities that focus on building confidence through activities such as arts and crafts, baking and games.
Other sessions focus on engaging with your local community to increase knowledge of what is available to you and develop your independence when accessing these activities. Community trips will involve places such as parks, swimming pools and cinemas.
Goals for the sessions:
- Build confidence to interact with other members of the group
- Reduce social isolation by working to build friendships
- To increase independence to make decisions, learn new skills and try new things
- Build confidence in accessing their local community
The Community Pathway offers both morning and afternoon sessions that will run for 3 Saturdays a month during the term. These will be based in Palatine School in Worthing and surrounding areas for accessing activities.
The community programme also offers sessions during the school holidays, these are longer sessions of 5 and a half hours.
Signing up for our Community Pathway is just a 3-step process:
- Check if this service is right for you by contacting one of our coaches via phone (01403 218888) or email (email@example.com)
- Complete an application form
- Meet with one of our team to discuss interests and hobbies