The programme will run on one evening, every other week with 3hr sessions
Our Worthing 12-18 yrs. group provides support for young people with SEND to develop friendships and access the community. The sessions will vary from in-house activities that focus on developing confidence with social interactions such as team-building tasks and interactive games.
Other sessions will focus on community access and will involve trips out into the local community. These sessions aim to increase your interests and develop the skills necessary to independently use facilities. Community trips will involve places such as restaurants, shops and game centres.
Each session will keep the focus on developing friendships and social interactions whilst gaining the skills to explore the community independently.
Goals for the sessions:
- Develop confidence with social interactions and decrease isolation
- Increase and build upon existing friendships
- Broaden areas of interest and hobbies
- To increase independence when out in the local community
- Increase self-esteem and wellbeing
- Begin to lay foundations for life skills
The programme offers sessions that will run one evening every other week for 3 hours during term time. This will be based in Palatine School in Worthing and surrounding areas for accessing activities.
The programme also offers sessions during the school holidays, these are longer sessions of 5 and a half hours.
Sign up for our Community Pathway in 3-steps:
- Contact one of our coaches via phone (01403 218888) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if these sessions are right for you
- Complete an application form
- Meet with our team to discuss interests and hobbies