The programme will run one evening, every other week with 3hr sessions
Our West Sussex 18-30 group provides support for young adults with SEN to develop and cement friendships whilst integrating into their local community. Sessions will vary from in-house activities at our Crawley location, which focus on developing social interactions and communication skills. The sessions will do this by using team tasks, problem-solving games and teaching life skills.
Other sessions focus on independence out in the community and will involve trips into the local area to develop interests and skills. Community trips will involve places such as restaurants, cinemas and food shopping.
Each session will keep the focus on developing and strengthening friendships, improving communication skills and strengthening independent skills. We hope that you will gain the knowledge and confidence to follow your hobbies and interests within the community.
Goals for the sessions:
- Develop confidence with communication and interacting within social groups
- Encourage friendships and socialising
- Pursue interests and hobbies
- Increase independence when in the local community
- Improve individual’s self-esteem and wellbeing
- Strengthen important life skills
The Community Pathway will run for one evening, every other week for 3 hours. This will be based in Crawley and surrounding areas for accessing activities.
The programme also offers sessions during the school holidays, these are longer sessions of 5 and a half hours.
Signing up for our Community Pathway is just a 3-step process:
- Check if this service is right for you by contacting one of our coaches via phone (01403 218888) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Complete an application form
- Meet with one of our team to discuss interests and hobbies